Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Just Stamp It!

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd share a layout I recently made using only stamps and masks. Well it ended up using only stamps and a mask since I was prepared to use some paper but in the end just didn't hehe

Here's the finished layout -


Here are the steps -

1. Place mask of choice on to a chosen area on plain CS (I used white but light cream would be great too)

2. Spray with mist of choice - I used Studio Calico's Mr Huey's 'Sunshine' here. It's up to you how strong or light the colours go.


3. I love stamping with script so I used my Tim Holtz's script stamp from the 'French Marketplace' collection and randomly stamped on the page near the masked areas.



4. I also stamped a border around the corners of the page to make my layout looked framed so to speak.




5. I then took a 'frame' stamp from Prima's older sets and again randomly stamped onto the page - don't be afraid to use different coloured inks for contrast. Here I used 'Pine needles' distress ink.

The top right corner stamped image is light because I did 'secondary stamping' i.e. I didn't reink my stamp before stamping the image.


5. I stamped a bird inside the Prima frame. However, when I started adding my photos I realized that they would be covered. So I stamped the frame again on a scrap piece of CS, misted it and used adhesive foam pads to layer on the original frame.


Loved this outcome as it made my page have a bit more of a 3D look to it. I'm not the best when it comes to 3D-ing embellishments on my layouts but I try =)

Now for photo placement -

I had three sequencing photos of us playing with some autumn leaves. It's one of those 'I must take pics of' moments and I'm so happy with the outcome! This was my first taste of Autumn as two years running, I was back home.

I decided to crop the pics and place them so they are pleasing to the eye. I usually just eyeball this and move the pics around until I liked how they looked on the page. Then I adhered them to the layout.


I then added my title and my journaling. Before that I found a clear sticker which had the definition of 'joy' on it and added it since 'joy' was definitely part of this layout's theme!

Lastly, I distressed the edges of my layout with 'Gathered twigs' distress inks (part of the limited edition set - have you seen the winter ones? They are AWESOME! Just got them in the mail today. Can't wait to have a play!).

Oh and now you're done *LOL*

Hope you have a play with your masks and stamps because it's so much fun and I do believe I don't play with them enough!

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for our CCW Christmas Countdown Day 8!

See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment