Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Countdown Day 16

Good morning!

We're over the hump now on Day 16 and my oh my how time just flew past us!

Today you're here with me again for two more Christmas card tutorials.

Here are the cards -


and here's how to make them.

Thank you for your friendship (a non traditional Christmas front but it does say Merry Christmas inside)


1. Stamp background stamp using embossing ink on smooth white cardstock

2. Emboss with fine white embossing powder

3. Use ink applicators to colour the embossed b/g using distress inks – use a minimum of 2 colours.


4. Once you are happy with the result, spritz the embossed b/g with water (or perfect pearl mist) to blend the colours together. Let dry.


5. Adhere embossed piece to card base well with adhesive.

6. Use double sided satin ribbon to tie around the front of the card.

7 Stamp a sentiment onto a strip of white cardstock

8. Adhere to card

9. Card is done!


Merry Christmas

1. Take a piece of white cardstock and emboss it with a floral embossing folder following the ‘faux letterpress’ technique. I used bundled sage distress ink.

2. After ink has dried, lightly apply any light brown distress ink using the foam applicator to the raised areas.


3. Ink edges of embossed piece using a darker shade of green distress ink


4. Spray the embossed piece heavily with pearl or iridescent gold glimmer mists and let dry – misting will also blend the distress inks together creating a more unified look (my embossed image wasn't perfect so this step made that less obvious)


5. Add red pearls to accentuate the embossed piece – I didn’t have red pearls so I used a red copic marker to colour some white ones I had – you can also use your promarkers


6. Trim piece and adhere to a plain background paper with a similar colour palette and adhere onto card base

7. I used a ready made sentiment on this card - adhered to plain patterned paper and trimmed.

8. Adhere sentiment onto card.

9. Card is done!

2 comments:

  1. These look fab - I really should try more stuff with my distress inks!
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete