Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas Countdown Day 19

Welcome to the weekend!

Today I have an altered frame tutorial for you.


You would need - Gesso, paints, crackle glaze/crackle accents, alterable frame and a brush.


1. Coat your frame with gesso and let dry.


2. Use light blue paint and cover the whole frame. Let dry - I used a heat gun to speed things up.


3. Layer some crackle glaze onto the blue paint layer and again let dry.


4. Squeeze some pearl paint onto craft sheet and mix with a little water.


5. Cover the whole frame with the paint – I didn’t want a full coverage so I used my fingers to dab the paint on.


6. After the paint has dried I went back with Ranger’s crackle accents in some areas of the frame because I wanted more crackle. The first layer I put only had a thin effect – it all depends on your preference.


The image below was the result of using Ranger's crackle accents - I love it!


7. Once you are happy with the crackling effect, take light grey ink and apply it to the whole frame using an ink applicator. I used the limited edition Winter Distress inks in Iced Spruce.


8. Frame is done and now all that’s left is the embellishments!


To embellish –

1. I used Echo Park’s Winter Park collection (available at CCW) stickers and papers – they are perfect!

2. Cut out a photo mat for the inside of the frame.

3. Take some stickers from the set and embellish the frame. Since there’s a sticker that says ‘Winter Wonderland’, I decided to use that as a title.

4. Add more stickers including some lovely word ones – I matted the stickers on some scrap papers to make them sturdier.


Now you're done!


Hope you like today's tutorial and do share if you decide to make one too.


See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Your frame is lovely and I really will have to have a go, I have all the ingredients:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Nora - the crackle effect is fab!

    ReplyDelete