I've got two Christmas cards to share today - these are also my 1st ever Christmas cards too so please be gentle *winks*
Here they are -
Now on to the steps!
Card 1 – Ho ho ho
1. Prepare your card base
2. Take 3 pieces of coordinating patterned papers (I used a freebie from a magazine by HOTP)
3. Emboss the more plain patterned paper and emboss with a woodgrain design
4. Assemble the patterned paper beginning with the busiest design.
5. Add twine by cutting a slit at the side of the card.
6. Tie a bow using string and add a button to it.
7. Adhere letter stickers to create ‘Ho ho ho’ and accentuate using glossy accents.
8. Add red stickles dots randomly onto card and inner border; let dry.
9. Card is done!
Card 2 – Joy, Peace, Love
1. Stamp background stamp using embossing ink on smooth white cardstock
2. Emboss with fine white embossing powder
3. Swipe Broken China distress ink all over embossed piece until you get a look you like. Wipe away excess ink with dry cloth or paper towel.
4. Ink edges with Chipped Sapphire distress ink for contrast.
5. Adhere to card base
6. Make a ribbon bow covering entire card length. I followed this tutorial (the overlapping bow) and add button onto the center.
7. Stamp JOY PEACE and LOVE with alphabet stamps that would fit card. I used Lawn Fawn (Quinn's ABCs) onto light blue patterned paper.
8. Cut out words, ink edges and place onto card.
9. Use diamond stickles to glam up title. Once dry, cover letters with glossy accents (this also prevents the glitter from falling off)
10. Card is done!
I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial.
See you tomorrow for more crafty goodness!