Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Scrap Map Saturday

I'm back with a Scrap Map Saturday! For this week it's an 'anything goes' sketch designed by our fabulous Lou. Here's the sketch followed by my take.



My layout is simply titled 'Cousins' and it's a picture of me with them during a family wedding function last year. The theme was 'Bollywood' so we all had fun dressing up and eating yummy Indian cuisine - didn't do any dancing though since we were super tired from the morning function. A malay wedding is a long and big affair - fun but most if not all the time extremely exhausting.

I digress! For the layout I finally used this Making Memories (correct me if I'm wrong) green polka dot patterned paper I've been hoarding (well I did buy two and have used one a few years back! Oh my!) I thought it worked well with the Hipstamatic photo we took.

For the border around the picture I used a Heidi Swapp 12x12 set mask which were in the 'brackets' design. I swiped some brown chalk ink all over the mask to create a border. I then took some plain mulberry flowers, glimmer misted and distressed them. For the photo mat, I just used a piece of scrap plain patterned paper and also a Hambly screen print in the 'dressform' design. Other embellishments I used were some felt border stickers and also lace trim. For a more feminine feel I added some swirly bling from Zva Creative.

I hope you like my creations so far on my blog. If anyone wants to know more about what I've posted feel free to ask in the comments section. Of course, all of you are already creatively wonderful and I'm humbled that I actually have followers! LOL Thank you!

Last week, I was somewhat mojoless because my boys were under the weather but now that they're both healthy and happy again, I'm hoping for more layouts! I really need to thin down the hoard of papers I have seriously! I did do some cards but I will share that in a later post =)

Until then, do hop on over to CCW and take part! Enjoy the process and have fun creating!

1 comment:

  1. Love the masking and the pps and those flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete