Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Layouts using CCW kits

Hi there!

Recently, I've had a play with CCW's kits and might I just say that I love them! They're not only affordable at just under £10 per kit but they include just the right amount of papers, cardstock and embellishments to get your mojo going.

I was actually in a scrapbooking rut for the last two months. I had no idea what or how to kickstart it again. After seeing the August kit, I thought that it would suit some outdoor photos I had and wanted to scrap so I bought that and the September kit too.

I had so much fun with the kit and here's 3 layouts I came up with -

I just love the woodgrain pattern on this one - can't cut it up so I used it as my background

The background paper was too white for me so I took my distress ink and applied Vintage Photo (my fave!) all over the edges

For this one I used the cardstock as a base but it was too plain for my liking so I took my Hero Arts stamp and covered the whole page!

It's funny how our scrapbooking techniques evolve over time. I used to always start my layouts with plain cardstock as a base but now I prefer using plain designed patterned paper (as in the first layout).

Anyway all the layouts were made in one day! Isn't that awesome? I used pretty much everything that was in the kit plus some of my own stash but not a lot. I still have some cardstock and leftover patterned papers from the kit and will create some cards with them.

Have you tried CCW kits yet? You can get them here. You can also get inspiration from other scrappers who worked on the kit here! I'll be working on the September kit next which includes some lovely lovely Prima papers! Now who doesn't love Prima right?

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment