Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Scrap Map Saturday


Good morning!

Well it is indeed good since I've just finished my layout! It's now 1.16am and it's the weekend! Whoohoo! I've got my Scrap Map Saturday LO to share with you today. This time the sketch was designed by the fabulous Lou and the theme is shapes.

I've always loved the top note/bracket shape so I chose to play around with them. I'm not usually a pink/girly scrapbooker but sometimes I do love a bit of sweetness!

For the LO I adhered the diecut PP onto black CS to make it pop. I then took a topnote chipboard piece and adhered that to a Prima 6x6 PP and cut around it. The photos were stuck on using foam pads to give it more dimension. The chipboard piece I initially painted with glimmer glam but I didn't like the overall outcome so I slathered on some crackle paint followed by some glossy multi medium so the crackle bits don't come off.

I added Prima lace all around the the frame by sticking it on the back and then adhered the whole thing on to the diecut PP. This seriously is the bulkiest LO I've done so far! After that I just decorated the corners of the frame with some fabulous flowers and leaves and of course some bling.

For the title I used thickers for 'always' and the other words were stamped using some clear stamps that I have. Other embellishments included a journalling spot and chipboard stickers to fill up the white space.

Alright enough rambling, enjoy your weekend everyone and do stop by at Creative Craft World's challenge site - what have you got to lose right?

Tata for now!

6 comments:

  1. That's a fab interpretation of the sketch, Nora. Well done!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very striking, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and I love the swirl! hugs Sarah x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch and i love the lace round the photo.
    Jennie X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, it's lovely! The flowers and the leaves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by everyone! have a good week!

    ReplyDelete